Our Family

Our Family

Friday, July 24, 2015

Hearing God's Voice

Luke 13:34
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent to thee, how often would I have gathered thy children as the bird doth her brood under her wings, and thou wouldest not?

Every child deserves the love of a family. Whether they are in Africa, India, South America, China, Russia, Columbia, the United States of America...or anywhere else in the world! There are so many children in the world that are without a family to call their own. Poverty, death, abandonment or abuse have deprived them of a nurturing family and a place to call "home." They have suffered so much in their short lives. Many are called to provide loving homes for the worlds orphaned children. Some are called to adopt children in Foster Care. Others adopt infants who might otherwise be aborted. Many are led half way around the world to the child or children who are to become theirs. Many cannot adopt children themselves, but can help financially, or by being prayer warriors.  Each family is a part of the puzzle God puts together to give His orphans a home, without each and every piece the puzzle is not complete!

James 1:27
Religion clean and undefiled before God and the Father, is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their tribulation: and to keep one' s self unspotted from this world.


Have you ever wondered how God speaks to His children? Me too! In my case it usually begins with a longing in my heart. Then I begin wondering if it is really God, or is it my own agenda? Then I pray to discern God's intentions. And I wait. And I speak to my Husband and ask him to pray. Then, most times, if it is from God, things start happening that lead me in the direction to go, or close the door. Many times I wonder how God thinks I have what it takes to carry out His Divine Will. We don't have the funds to adopt...it wasn't in our plans at this time. But God knows how it will all work out, we just have to trust and obey. ( And work and PRAY!) So begins another adoption journey...this time we are hoping to head to China to bring home a sibling group of 2...ages 9 and 13!  I hope that you will follow along with us, support us in prayer, and if you are so led...we humbly ask for a donation gift that will help 2 orphans find a home in this world. I will be posting our monetary goals as we go along, and I have a Paypal button on the side of the blog that will go to an adoption account. Unfortunately it is not tax deductible at this time.
May God bless you for your support...we will keep you in our prayers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment