Our Family

Our Family

Monday, January 10, 2011

Lego Boy... and the BMT Begins!


Well hello there folks! As anticipated, the blog-world is still somewhat of a mystery to me. But, hey, I learned how to insert a picture! This is a picture of my somewhat kooky family at my sisters house. We had a marvelous day with the extended family before Lego Boy and I had to head to the Ronald MacDonald House to start his chemo the next day.

The first round went pretty well, but he did have a few bad reactions, the first day being the worst! On top of that I ended up getting a stomach virus and had to leave him in the hospital under the care of the nurses and volunteers until I recovered . It took 2 days, and everyone back at home, except Drama Queen, got it too! Lego Boy did great , though, and the nurses told me they should have taken him around to give other patients lessons in how to behave at the hospital...always good for a mama to hear!

We get to be home for a week before the more intense Chemo and the actual BMT is scheduled on February 1st...praying for a complete cure from his Thalassemia Major. May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment